The Data Warehouse Architect will help design, implement and support the organizations transactional and dimensional Data Warehouse development efforts under the direction of Director of Development; providing guidance and direction to clients and project team members. The Data Warehouse Architect interacts with all levels of technical and business resources to meet operational and strategic reporting and analytical needs.
Provide warehouse design, architecture, reporting, implementation and integration efforts, including data sourcing and transformation. Help define process to ensure that the client's business goals and objectives are met by the proposed data warehouse architecture and design.
Leverage knowledge of current data warehouse and software development methodologies to contribute to the overall planning of projects by recommending approaches, identifying resources, and developing timelines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Build and maintain MS SQL SSIS packages
• Implement and manage MS SQL Server databases
• Logical and physical data modeling (Transactional and Dimensional)
• Develop and maintain vendor extract / import process
• Identify logical issues between database models and reports.
• Follow change management procedures
• Provide cross training to other team members as needed
• Provide after-hours support based on the on-call rotation
• Support infrastructure changes as needed
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• 3+ years’ experience with dimensional database design
• 4+ years’ SQL Server experience implementing data warehouse solutions using SQL Server, Transact /SQL and DTS packages.
• Experience in creating reports and dashboards
• Experience with MS SQL Server 2014 and SSIS
• Logical and physical data modeling expertise
• Knowledge of the software development lifecycle including systems analysis, design, development and deployment.
• Strong communication skills including facilitation, presentation, and documentation.
• Ability to capture and transform business requirements into functional and data specifications.
• High level of initiative, self-starter, flexible, proactive and team player.
• Professional maturity.
Expectations of all QualChoice Staff
• Conducts business with high regard for corporate values and in compliance with its Code of Business Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy and complies with information security and HIPAA policies.
• Responsible for quality and continuous improvement within the job scope. Contributes to and supports the company’s quality initiatives.
• Accountable for all actions/responsibilities described in the company’s policies and procedures as they relate to this position.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The work environment is a typical office environment.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• This is largely a sedentary role, requiring use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers/printers, and calculators.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities.
Bachelors degree in a field related to the position (Information Systems, Business, Healthcare), or comparable experience to have developed equivalent skills / capabilities.
Knowledge of the software development lifecycle including systems analysis, design, development, and deployment.
At least 3 years experience designing a dimensional data warehouse.
At least 4 years experience developing a data warehouse using Microsoft SQL Server (SSIS).
• Prefer at least 2 years’ experience in a Healthcare setting.
• Prefer at least 2 years’ experience with Cognos, SSAS, Business Objects, or similar.
• Prefer at least 2 years’ experience with logical dimensional modeling.
• Prefer at least 3 years’ experience using a change data capture process as part of your warehouse development.
• Prefer at least 3 years’ experience with slowly changing dimensions as part of your warehouse development.
• Prefer at least 2 years’ experience gathering business requirements and developing a GUI dashboard from the requirements.